Learn what happens to your garbage after it gets collected from your home. A landfill tour includes a brief history of Rumpke, overview of truck types, and explanations of landfill gas removal and recovery, leachate (wastewater) collection, surface water controls and other points of interest. The tour concludes with a description of standard landfill closure processes and future landfill property use.
- Tours of Rumpke’s landfill in Colerain Township are scheduled on Thursdays only.
- Tours of other Rumpke landfills are available Monday-Friday, depending on tour guide availability.
- Tours are conducted year-round from the safety of a bus. Your school or organization may provide the transportation.
- In Colerain Township, guests may also request use of Rumpke’s 21-passenger bus on site.
- In Brown County, Ohio, guests may request use of Rumpke’s passenger bus on site.
- Groups must provide their own transportation at other Rumpke sites.
- Rumpke reserves the right to cancel tours because of unfavorable weather conditions or safety concerns.
- As a safety precaution, all tour participants must be Kindergarten-age or older.
- Groups must have at least 10 tour participants. We will attempt to accommodate individuals and smaller groups by adding them to other smaller groups.
Schedule a Landfill Tour
Ready to start your landfill adventure with Rumpke? Contact us below and schedule a landfill tour!