Why Work At Rumpke
Rumpke is family-owned and operated. Here, you aren't a number, you are part of a family. Our culture is welcoming, fun, and fast-paced, with a commitment to innovation, collaboration, and learning. Our success is built on integrity, dedication, hard work, and loyalty, and the result is a unified team working toward a shared vision. This is a place where you can build a long-term career that is both satisfying and rewarding.
Be More With Rumpke -
Explore Rumpke's opportunities and see why working at Rumpke is an excellent place to build a long-term career that is both satisfying and rewarding.
Just The Facts
- 13th largest waste service company in the country
- 3rd generation family ownership with 75 family member staff
- 60,000 homes and businesses and 200 trucks powered by green energy from our landfills
- 60+ locations serving 1.8 million plus accounts across 4 states
- 4,000+ employees and a 2,600-vehicle fleet
- 13 recycling facilities
- 14 landfills
- Ohio's largest recycler and one of the largest recyclers in the country
- 1 billion plus pounds of recycling processed annually
Why We're Different
- We do essential work where you can make a positive difference in the world every day.
- We're a stable company working in a business that is recession resistant.
- We continue to expand our footprint, leading to many growth opportunities.
- Our focus on safety, compliance, and customer service is unwavering.
- We offer many roles with flexible schedules, excellent benefits, and bonus potential.
- Onboarding, training, and continuing education programs are a major priority.
Recognized for Excellence
- A Deloitte Private & Wall Street Journal Best Managed Company (2020 and 2021)
- UnitedHealthcare Employee Wellness Award
- Environmental Business Journal Award for COVID Resilience
- A Cincinnati Better Business Bureau Torch Award Winner for superior business ethics (2021)
- Communications Team of the Year by the Cincinnati Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (2020)
- U.S. Glass Coalition's Gold Level Certification for processed glass and recycling efforts (2020)
- 13 Rumpke drivers nominated for the National Waste & Recycling Association's Driver of the Year awards; one was named Driver of the Year (2020)
- An Alliance Benefit Group Best Plan Design winner for our 401(k) plan (2020)
Supporting Our Communities
We take great pride in receiving recognition for our charitable contributions to organizations and individuals in a four-state region.
- We award more than $30,000 in annual scholarships to employees, their families, and graduating seniors.
- We donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to local schools annually throughout our service area.
- We support hundreds of churches and organizations throughout our four-state service region.
- We support environmental improvement efforts sponsored by Keep America Beautiful and other community foundations.
- We are an active participant in Adopt a Highway programs.
- We provide funding and resources to further the arts in our communities, including the Cincinnati Ballet, Cincinnati Museum Center, and the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- We work with our employees to organize and fundraise for local food banks, the Pink Ribbon Girls, Ronald McDonald House, Alzheimer's Association, Matthew 25 Ministries, Empower Drake County, Kentucky Farmer's Market, and various local 4-H and YMCA groups, to name just a few.