Recycling Center Tours
During a walking tour of the recycling facility, guests will learn about the technology used at Rumpke’s state-of-the-art facilities and see recyclables sorted and separated. The tour also includes an explanation of acceptable and unacceptable materials, an overview of Rumpke's recycling operations and an opportunity for questions.
- Tours of Rumpke’s recycling facility in Cincinnati are scheduled on Wednesdays only, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Tours of Rumpke’s recycling facility in Columbus are scheduled on weekdays between 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Tours of other Rumpke recycling facilities are available Monday-Friday, depending on tour guide availability.
- Groups must provide their own transportation to the facility. Groups are encouraged to car-pool because of parking limitations.
- Rumpke reserves the right to cancel tours because of unfavorable weather conditions or safety concerns.
- As a safety precaution, all tour participants must be High School-age or older.
- We will attempt to accommodate small and large groups.
- The Columbus facility tours are for 10 people at a time.
- The Cincinnati facility requires a minimum of 10 tour participants and a maximum of 20 participants.
- Guests must be able to climb flights of stairs without assistance (An elevator is available at the Cincinnati facility; however, if participants are unable to climb stairs, the tour will be limited).
- Required: sturdy, hard-sole, closed toe shoes with backs (no sandals or heels)
- Recommended: Long pants and long sleeves
- Guests who don't abide by the dress code are not permitted inside the facility.
- The tours occur in an industrial environment and may not be appropriate for individuals with medical conditions impacted by dust or noise. Additionally, the facilities have several magnets that may impact medical devices.